SMILE OF THE WEEK
(contributions for this section are most welcome)
Supposedly, these are actual advertisements that have appeared in papers across the country...
* Lost: Small apricot poodle. Reward. Neutered. Like one of the family.
* A superb and inexpensive restaurant. Fine food expertly served by waitresses in appetizing forms.
* Dinner Special -- Turkey $2.35; Chicken or Beef $2.25; Children $2.00.
* For Sale: An antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and large drawers.
* Four-poster bed, 101 years old. Perfect for antique lover.
* Now is your chance to have your ears pierced and get an extra pair to take home, too.
* Wanted: 50 girls for stripping machine operators in factory.
* Wanted: Unmarried girls to pick fresh fruit and produce at night.
* We do not tear your clothing with machinery. We do it carefully by hand.
* For Sale -- Eight puppies from a German Shepherd and an Alaskan Hussy.
* Great Dames for sale.
* Have several very old dresses from grandmother in beautiful condition.
* Tired of cleaning yourself? Let me do it.
* Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children.
* Vacation Special: have your home exterminated.
* Sheer stockings. Designed for fancy dress, but so serviceable that lots of women wear nothing else.
* Stock up and save. Limit: one.
* We build bodies that last a lifetime.
* For Rent: 6-room hated apartment.
* Man, honest. Will take anything.
* Wanted: Chambermaid in rectory. Love in, $200 a month. References required.
* Used Cars: Why go elsewhere to be cheated? Come here first!